Our Estates and Trusts Practice
Our estate planning lawyers offer comprehensive client service across the full spectrum of estate planning, probate and elder law needs. Whether you need basic advice about wills and trusts, or sophisticated solutions to complex tax planning or asset protection problems related to Medicaid eligibility, we can help you.
Our estate planning and elder law practice is headed by a seasoned trust and estate attorney who lectures professional audiences on these issues. She also draws upon our firm's tax law, family law, business law and civil litigation capacity to make sure that every aspect of a complex problem or dispute is fully covered.
We advise individuals, families and fiduciaries about:
- Wills and trusts, including revocable and irrevocable trusts
- Living wills and powers of attorney
- Asset preservation through gift transfers, trusts and other instruments
- Management of anticipated estate tax liability
- Probate of wills and administration of intestate estates
- Ancillary probate services
- Representation of executors, administrators and trustees who reside out of state
- Planning for long-term care or assisted living before needs arise
- Working with families, nursing homes and senior residences when problems arise as to finances or eligibility for assistance
- Guardianship or conservatorship
- Revocable trusts and irrevocable trusts
- Probate litigation
We also advise nursing homes and other institutional clients about the best ways to maintain compliance with Pennsylvania regulations, as well as helping with the complex forms and documentation necessary to demonstrate a resident's eligibility for payment assistance.